List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: * Proposal: Dialup-Manager for KDE2 *
From:       Gerald Preissler <Gerald.Preissler () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-04-05 18:29:10

Bjoern,

as you mentioned in your proposal there are many users that have a
small network at home. I'd guess more often than not in those nets the
internet gateway is a seperate box sitting in some corner that does
not run X, let alone KDE. So the dialmanager that you mentioned should
be able to run on a box without xwindows installed at all.

I don't know if you are aware of Stefan Fuchs' dialcontrol-package (
http://homepage.swissonline.net/allenfuchs/stefan/dc/ ). Maybe this
can fit in there somehow.

cu
        Jerry