List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Controlling KMail
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-04-04 6:09:45

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000, Philipp Gühring wrote:
> Am Mon, 03 Apr 2000 meinte Don Sanders:
> >On Mon, 03 Apr 2000, Philipp Gühring wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> How can I automatically create an Email with kmail, which includes
> >> some content, which the user may edit, and send afterwards.
> >>
> >> I tried this:
> >
> >I don't know why you would think that would work, I guess it didn't hurt
> > to try.
>
> I thought of mail:
>
> mail p.guehring@poboxes.com <test.txt
>
> is something very essential.

Yes, and it should work on every decent system  :-)
I don't think that GUI mail applications need to support this also.

Using template messages for composing is a topic that is interesting.
But there are so many interesting topics that could and should be
included. This one is just another one. As Don said: uncounted
numbers of feature request, but little time for implementations :-|

Most of the time things tend to be implemented faster if you
do it yourself (tm)  :-)
So you are always welcome on kmail@kde.org if  you want to join the
team  :-)

Kind regards,