List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Controlling KMail
From:       Philipp =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=FChring?= <p.guehring () enemy ! org>
Date:       2000-04-03 17:56:24

Am Mon, 03 Apr 2000 meinte Don Sanders:
>On Mon, 03 Apr 2000, Philipp Gühring wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> How can I automatically create an Email with kmail, which includes
>> some content, which the user may edit, and send afterwards.
>>
>> I tried this:
>I don't know why you would think that would work, I guess it didn't hurt to
>try.

I thought of mail:

mail p.guehring@poboxes.com <test.txt

is something very essential.

Well there could be the excuse that KMail is a KDE applications and
KDE applications sadly do not use the commandline very much. :(

But the following is something out of HTML, and should work in my
opinion.
>> kfmclient exec "mailto:p.guehring@poboxes.com?body=test"

>Well you could try this
>$ cp test.txt ~/dead.letter
>$ kmail
>
>But you might want to understand why that works by reading the source of
>KMail (grep it for dead.letter) before using it. (It's not really intended
>for this purpose).

Cool idea. Is this a supported feature, or do I have to worry that it
won´t last very long?

>> KMail 1.0.28, KDE 1.1.2
>
>BTW you should get KMail 1.0.29.1 it fixes a critical bug in KMail. You can
>get the source from http://devel-home.kde.org/~kmail/index.html

Thanks.

Many greetings,
--