List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Controlling KMail
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-04-03 12:22:27

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000, Philipp Gühring wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can I automatically create an Email with kmail, which includes
> some content, which the user may edit, and send afterwards.
>
> I tried this:
> kfmclient exec "mailto:p.guehring@poboxes.com?body=test"
>
> It seems to recognice the ? but that still doesn't help.
>
> I tried this:
> kmail p.guehring@poboxes.com <test.txt
>
> But nothing worked.

I don't know why you would think that would work, I guess it didn't hurt to
try.

Well you could try this
$ cp test.txt ~/dead.letter
$ kmail

But you might want to understand why that works by reading the source of
KMail (grep it for dead.letter) before using it. (It's not really intended
for this purpose).

> KMail 1.0.28, KDE 1.1.2

BTW you should get KMail 1.0.29.1 it fixes a critical bug in KMail. You can
get the source from http://devel-home.kde.org/~kmail/index.html

BFN,
Don.