List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: RE: Questions about Makefile.am
From:       Jesper Pedersen <jep () systematic ! dk>
Date:       2000-04-03 10:48:07

;)

> > > Since you seem to use autoconf/automake alread,
> > > all you need to do is to call "perl admin/am_edit" between
> > > autoconf and automake.
> > >

> > So the cleanest way is to include KDE's am_edit in the
> program directory
> > and do:
> >
> >  aclocal
> >  autoconf
> >  perl kdefiles/am_edit
> >  automake
> >
> > in my Makefile.cvs ?
>
> It's usually admin/am_edit. Actually, it has to, since am_edit
> has to be able to patch the Makefile.ins correctly, to call itself
> in the Makefile.am is modified. Don't you have an admin/ subdir yet ?

Makefile.ins ??

No, I don't have a admin/ subdir (should I ?). I want a program to only
check for a valid Qt/KDE-2 installation without depending so much
on files located in the KDE sources directories (the user may not have
the KDE sources installed).

> > > Something like CLEANFILES = *~, not sure.
> > >
> > Thanks. Must have missed it during my reading.
> >
> automake/autoconf/am_edit really lack documentation.

It would be nice to have some info (I don't have any time for this right
now, sorry)

> --
> David FAURE
> david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org
> http://home.clara.net/faure/
> KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today

 Jesper