List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugs, Comments, etc.
From:       troy <jhtd () mts ! net>
Date:       2000-04-02 4:57:48

On Sat, 01 Apr 2000, Jono Bacon wrote:
<snip>

> That would be cool. I totally agree, although I can't
> get transaprency working in konsole either.

Have you set up your background to be exported in Desktop/Advanced?  That is
required for it to work.

<snip>

> > - Kwin crashes often when changing decorations. I
> > can bring it back up with
> > no problems and am confident that this problem will
> > be fixed shortly as
> > mosfet is delving into the core of that one. If a
> > backtrace would be
> > helpful, I'll provided one.
>
> Havent had this one on my setup, although I think that
> changing decorations hould be in KControl as well and
> on Display Properties when you RMB on the desktop.

Agreed.  There should be a all-encompassing theme module where all the
settings can be amalgamated into one theme.  For instance, if you select BeOS
in this module, the WM, Colours and widgets would all get updated to use the
theme instead of having to update one at a time.  Of course, you must still
be able to change only one if you wish.

> > - The B2 widget set is nice and I'm under the
> > impression that it is to become
> > the default. Which window decoration is to be the
> > default. The laptop one
> > would be nice if it didn't have that resize handle.
> > It's similar to the old
> > standard but much clearner looking.
>
> B2 is looking OK..but when will Vitreas make it into
> the CVS? ;-)

I don't think it is - it'll prolly be the first theme up one kde2.themes.org
:)

> > Finally, if there is anyone here who can recommend a
> > resource that I could
> > use to help myself get into the heart of KDE
> > programming, I'd appreciate any
> > pointers that you could offer. I've read the qt
> > tutorials but got screwed up
> > with the moc stuff. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Get KDevelop from http://www.kdevelop.org/. It comes
> with some excellent docs. BTW, all the stuff about moc
> confuses me too. Anyone here able to clearly explain
> what moc does, and more importantly why it needs to do
> it.

Thanks, more importantly, does it compile/run under kde2 or do I need to
reinstall my kde1 libs?

Troy