List:       kde-devel
Subject:    smb [was: Re: KWin Development]
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-29 19:06:26

David Faure wrote:
> I tried smb from konqueror (I have a single windows machine on the
> network).  Accessing with smb:///machine/ works fine (just some
> string corruption problem when going from machine/subdir to
> machine/) but smb:/// shows nothing. Although IIRC it worked at some
> point in the past.  I'm using the built-in code, not samba-tng.

For the record, all of the smb stuff used to work great for me a few
weeks ago.  Now, it's hard to tell since konqueror crashes nearly
always.  For instance, if I start konqueror like 'konqueror smb:///',
then it will display all of the smb workgroups on my lan (as it
should).  If I try to enter that using the location combobox, though,
I get a segfault in konqueror.

Actually, to be more precise, I can enter *any* smb url from the
command line and it will work fine.  If I enter *any* smb url in the
location combobox OR click on any smb share or file, then konqueror
crashes quite reliably.

I don't think it's smb, though, as ftp does the same thing for me.

> But anyway, the command above seems right, if you want to add it
> to kfile hoping that it works some day ;-)

Right.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix