List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KAboutDialog/KAboutData/KHelpMenu
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       2000-03-25 14:18:05

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Michael van der Westhuizen wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Maybe I'm not seeing something here, but where is the integration
> between these classes? They all deal with related or similar
> information, but it seems a developer has to:
>
> Create the appropriate KAboutData

This should be done in main() regardless of the solution. Have a look in kedit
for a simple example.

> Create the appropriate KAboutDialog
> Connect the showAboutApplication signal of KHelpMenu to a slot to show
> his about dialog.
>
> Surely it makes more sense for:
>
> KHelpMenu to use KAboutDialog directly.

Yep, the task was handed over to another person (from me). Search in this
list for more info.

> KAboutDialog to use KAboutData directly (this is blatantly missing)

We simply dont have the KAboutDialog that uses the KAboutData yet.
Damm, we are close to a freeze and I have litte time!

To all: Is it possible to add this after the freeze?

> Or, am I missing an obvious way to simplify telling a user about the
> application.

No you are not :-|

--
Espen Sand