On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 03:57:52PM +0200, Michael van der Westhuizen wrote: > Hi All, > > Maybe I'm not seeing something here, but where is the integration > between these classes? They all deal with related or similar > information, but it seems a developer has to: > > Create the appropriate KAboutData > Create the appropriate KAboutDialog > Connect the showAboutApplication signal of KHelpMenu to a slot to show > his about dialog. > > Surely it makes more sense for: > > KHelpMenu to use KAboutDialog directly. > KAboutDialog to use KAboutData directly (this is blatantly missing) > > Or, am I missing an obvious way to simplify telling a user about the > application. You are totally right. But this is still "to do". Somebody volunteered, but I can't remember who. In fact KAboutDialog shouldn't be changed IMHO, it fits the "about KDE" entry. However a new dialog, that shows information about the application using KAboutData, is missing. This one would fit the "about app" entry. -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://home.clara.net/faure/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today See http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.txt for how to set up KDE 2