List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: long hair developers :) ... and printdialog
From:       Gavriel State <gexcfxyy () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2000-03-21 19:37:55

Martin Konold wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Stephan Heigl wrote:
>
> > I know, whenever i try to talk about printdialogs i get that link.
> > This thing is for queue watching,add/remove printers/jobs.
> > But itīs not a printdialog....
>
> http://www.easysw.com/printpro/
> http://www.easysw.com/printpro/shots.html
>
> Kups afaik parses already the ppd files.
>
> Please have also a look at
>
> http://www.easysw.com/printpro/
> http://www.easysw.com/printpro/shots.html
>
> and the two last issues of the Linux Magazin.
>
> I have seen the ESP Print Pro at the CeBit and it was really very nice and
> useful. ESP Print Pro is commercial sw based on cups.

Our libAPS (Application Printing Services) is designed to work with
both CUPS and standard lpr/lprng.  It abstracts the back-end printing
system from the app (be it a printer admin app, like KUPS, or an
application level print dialog).  Right now, interfacing with CUPS is
done via the lpr transport, but we have a partially completed CUPS
transport that could be further extended to provide CUPS specific
functionality.

We've already done a ton of work on the admin/setup app side that's being
released in Corel Linux 1.1 in a few days.  Of course, that work is
still KDE 1.1 based, and will have to be ported to  KDE 2.0.

We're also using libAPS in WINE to implement the Windows print spooling
APIs, print dialogs, etc.

-Gav

--
Gavriel State
Engineering Architect - Linux Development