List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Indenting
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-20 22:54:49

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 11:46:27PM +0100, Wilco Greven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the standard way of indenting. I just had a look at some of the
> kicker sources. There indenting by spaces and indenting by tabs was
> used in the same source file, which made the code harder to read. I
> always use spaces myself.

You're about to start an eternal flame war, where everybody posts
his point of view on indenting ;-))
The general answer, though, is : whatever the application's author prefers.
That's the one and only rule.

When there are several people, they can agree on something, but it's impossible
to do KDE-wide.

This being said, I agree, tabs suck. :)
I would be happy with any decision for a standard indentation of 2,
3 or 4 spaces, so that I could set emacs to it once and for all.
Currently I have to adapt it to the file I'm working on... :)
But since this will never happen, I'll keep adapting ;-)

http://home.clara.net/faure/
See ftp://mandrakesoft.com/pub/david/kde1-and-kde2.txt to set up KDE 2