On Mon, 20 Mär 2000, mosfet wrote: > Otherwise it gets mangled improperly. RH and Mandrake both only require > the prototype to be wrapped. Not sure why it's different, both Rik and I > are using the same compiler. egcs 1.1.2 or gcc 2.95.2? In the latter case I can say that SuSE ships a completely unmodified version while the first one is a bit modified. so if it happens with gcc 2.95.2, then it's a "feature" (aka bug) of the redhat/mandrake version. if it happens with egcs, then it might be a SuSE bug, that anyway has been resolved for 6.4 which I use :-) Dirk