List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: long hair developers :) ... and printdialog
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-03-20 13:55:02

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Stephan Heigl wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Seems like "many" kde developers have long hair.
>Reggie, Mosfet .....
>than i noticed...not only kde....even the kernel.....(Alan C.).....
>
>are long haired developers the better one? thatīs the question i asked
>myself.....

Probably because they have better things to do than wasting time at the
hairdresser :)

>ok, stop that semi-funny thing.....
>
>What about including a loader for printdialogs(or letīs call it a
>printdialog plugin)....cause it seems there will be no print dialog in the near
>future.  if a programm calls e.g. KPrintDialog...the class loads a "extern"
>printdialog which handles the printjob......
>
>opinions?

Well, I have said earlier (a long time ago) that I could use the printerdialog
of khexedit as a basis of such a standard dialog. I have planned (whenever I get
the time) to change the design and add the multiple page selector thing of the
kwrite printer dialog into khexedit.

The main problem (I think) is how to get the printcap parsing done properly,
unless we just copy-paste the Qt printcap parsing code.

--
Espen Sand