List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Screensaver port ('The Matrix')
From:       "Martin R. Jones" <mjones () powerup ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-19 10:40:27

Torsten Rahn wrote:

> > > I have plans to remove all ported screensavers that have
> > > no additional features compared to the originals.  The
> > > screensavers I would like to remove are:
> > >
> > > attraction
> > > bat
> > > bsod
> > > bouboule
> > > flame
> > > forest
> > > laser
> > > lissie
> > > pyro
> > > rock
> > > swarm
> >

> are you really sure that these screensavers are really part of
> every distribution?
> I think bsod, bouboule and rock are real eyecatchers and truely
> loved by many newbies I know. So please think twice before
> removing these :-)

I'm sure each of these screensavers are someone's
favourite.  If we keep two of them, then someone will
claim others belong, and we get nowhere.  And I guess
Stephan's right about matrix - I was making excuses for it
on the same grounds you are for bsod and bouboule.

I'm sure all distributions install xscreensaver by default.

--
Martin Jones
mjones@powerup.com.au