On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Martin R. Jones wrote: > Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > > Thorsten Westheider wrote: > > > > > > Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > > > > > > > Well, I did the port once long time ago (like 6-7 months) and I even > > > > > > commited it. But then it turned out people didn't want it there. Reason? > > > > > > Thanks to Martin Jones, KDE-2 supports excellently the native jwz (and > > > > > > collab) screensaver hacks. So, it's just a matter of getting the original > > > > > > installed. > > > > > > > > > > Oops? Already committed it, hoping it does not hit a nerve... > > > > > > > > > Well, in fact it does. Feel free to write to jwz ;) > > > > What is the benefit of doubling code if installing xscreensaver gives you > > > > even more? > > > > > > Uh, come on Stefan, what's KDE specific on the screen savers > > > that are already in the repository? I've seen most of them > > > when I was running fvwm quite some time ago (and some are still > > > as ugly as they were then)... > > > > Yes, that's true. We should remove even more instead of doubling even > > more. > > I have plans to remove all ported screensavers that have > no additional features compared to the originals. The > screensavers I would like to remove are: > > attraction > bat > bsod > bouboule > flame > forest > laser > lissie > pyro > rock > swarm Please leave swarm - it is one of the greatest screensavers I've used - even though I actually see it very very seldom, it's a great thing to have - I hunted everywhere for a windows port a year ago and found a *very* configureable black&white version... -- - Rivyn [ Casey Allen Shobe ] - rivyn@mailandnews.com [ UIN: 1494523 ]