Stephan Kulow wrote: > > Thorsten Westheider wrote: > > > > Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > > > > > Well, I did the port once long time ago (like 6-7 months) and I even > > > > > commited it. But then it turned out people didn't want it there. Reason? > > > > > Thanks to Martin Jones, KDE-2 supports excellently the native jwz (and > > > > > collab) screensaver hacks. So, it's just a matter of getting the original > > > > > installed. > > > > > > > > Oops? Already committed it, hoping it does not hit a nerve... > > > > > > > Well, in fact it does. Feel free to write to jwz ;) > > > What is the benefit of doubling code if installing xscreensaver gives you > > > even more? > > > > Uh, come on Stefan, what's KDE specific on the screen savers > > that are already in the repository? I've seen most of them > > when I was running fvwm quite some time ago (and some are still > > as ugly as they were then)... > > Yes, that's true. We should remove even more instead of doubling even > more. I have plans to remove all ported screensavers that have no additional features compared to the originals. The screensavers I would like to remove are: attraction bat bsod bouboule flame forest laser lissie pyro rock swarm None of these screensavers has any extra features, and there's no point maintaining them when they're better maintained elsewhere. I also wouldn't consider any of them so cool that a default KDE should include them (I think matrix may be cool enough though :-) -- Martin Jones mjones@powerup.com.au mjones@kde.org