List:       kde-artists
Subject:    PLS: a bit of attn.  Re: spining logo to look at
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-03-18 0:01:00

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Derek Spears wrote:

> I put it at http://www.concentric.net/~derek/spin.gif
> It is a 100 frame gif anim. You can't see the K in the middle this
> small, but I could probably make the contrast a little better on that.
> Is it something that could go as the new spinning logo in konqy?

Hi

Seems nobody observed this.

Usually, GUI design supposes the light source is placed in the upper left
corner. This comes traditionally from real life desktops, where one tries
always to have his/her page illuminated from left front, a bit upper than
the height of the head/eyes. (Reason for this in real life is that most
people write with right hand, and don't want the shade of the hand on the
writing).

Well, in contrast with this, the new logo is lighted from upper right.
This is a bit strange for the inconscious error-handler of the human brain
:-)

I suppose it would be relatively easy to mirror the animation so that the
light sources become consistent.

Thanks

Cristian Tibirna