List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDEsetup
From:       Chris Lee <nytehorse () inficad ! com>
Date:       2000-03-17 20:26:35

> > Don't forget that you will need at least Qt installed to run a
graphical
> > installer.
>
> Well, he can allways fall back to statical linking in such cases.
>
> Regards,
> -- martin

Exactly. I'll *hopefully* be distributing it as a seperate download, and
nobody will need Qt OR KDE installed already to be able to use it; as a
matter of fact, statically linking was exactly how I planned on doing
it. : )

Now, I also wouldn't mind if somebody here with extensive KIO knowledge
could answer a couple of my questions... basically, I want to spin off
(for the "Choose a server to download from" page) a couple of entries in
the QListBox based on links gathered from
http://www.kde.org/mirrors.html. Is there a KIO tutorial out there
yet? I'll have a look at the source later; too busy working on the
konqueror site at the moment to do anything coding-wise. : )

-Chris

PS: The site is looking awesome! It'll be public in just a couple of
days...