List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Screensaver port ('The Matrix')
From:       Thorsten Westheider <thorsten.westheider () teleos-web ! de>
Date:       2000-03-17 17:24:49

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Thorsten Westheider wrote:
> >
> > Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >
> > > What is the benefit of doubling code if installing xscreensaver gives you
> > > even more?
> >
> > Uh, come on Stefan, what's KDE specific on the screen savers
> > that are already in the repository? I've seen most of them
> > when I was running fvwm quite some time ago (and some are still
> > as ugly as they were then)...
>
> Yes, that's true. We should remove even more instead of doubling even
> more.

Maybe even remove all but the blank saver and replace them
by URLs pointing to xscreensaver ftp mirrors, would reduce
doubled code greatly; and while we're at it, let's remove
the wallpapers as well, unicolor/gradient fill should be
enough for everyone (just couldn't resist the sarcasm ;).
In this sense every port of a non-KDE application to KDE
is actually doubling code which, according to your opinion,
makes no sense. Did I get you right?

	Regards,
	  Thorsten Westheider

--
Dipl.-Phys. Thorsten Westheider     / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
Im Schlingen 15                    / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /