List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Screensaver port ('The Matrix')
From:       Thorsten Westheider <thorsten.westheider () teleos-web ! de>
Date:       2000-03-17 9:38:51

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > > Well, I did the port once long time ago (like 6-7 months) and I even
> > > commited it. But then it turned out people didn't want it there. Reason?
> > > Thanks to Martin Jones, KDE-2 supports excellently the native jwz (and
> > > collab) screensaver hacks. So, it's just a matter of getting the original
> > > installed.
> >
> > Oops? Already committed it, hoping it does not hit a nerve...
> >
> Well, in fact it does. Feel free to write to jwz ;)
> What is the benefit of doubling code if installing xscreensaver gives you
> even more?

Uh, come on Stefan, what's KDE specific on the screen savers
that are already in the repository? I've seen most of them
when I was running fvwm quite some time ago (and some are still
as ugly as they were then)...
Regarding jwz, I must admit I don't know about the reasoning
but I think I'm capable of reading:

/* xscreensaver, Copyright (c) 1999 Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>
 *
 * Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software
and its
 * documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
that
 * the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
 * copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
 * documentation.  No representations are made about the suitability of
this
 * software for any purpose.  It is provided "as is" without express or
 * implied
warranty.

I did modify it and I left the copyright notice in it so
I don't see the point of this hassle (if any).

	Regards,
	  Thorsten Westheider

--
Dipl.-Phys. Thorsten Westheider     / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
Im Schlingen 15                    / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /