List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDEsetup
From:       Ralf Nolden <Ralf.Nolden () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2000-03-16 20:21:17

Chris Lee wrote:
> kdesetup (the program I'm working on) is going to be something
> resembling the Helix Code installer (don't know if you've heard of it or
> not...) only with a few more features that I decided to add in (and of
> course written with Qt and KDE in mind). Basically, I want it to work
> like this:
>
> welcome the user
>
> backup the current KDE1.x data
>      (hopefully with a command like "tar -cf kde-backup.tar ~/.kde/")
Hi,

no time to help out (KDevelop robbs my nerves) but I have an
idea/request/whatever:
would it be possible to read the KDE 1.x apps tree and compare with the
current KDE 2 installation for double binaries
(e.g. the KDE 1 installation has KWrite as well as the KDE 2 one) and
create desktop files for the KDE 1 programs that are not available under
KDE 2 ?

What I think of is: I have to have KDevelop 1.1 installed and to work
under KDE 2 correctly, I´ve made a shell script that sets QTDIR to the
1.44 directory, KDEDIR to the KDE 1.x directory and starts kdevelop from
the KDE 1 bindir. Having some kind like this would be nice to integrate
old programs compeltely and make them available in kicker.

Ralf

--
Ralf Nolden

Ardennenstr. 41