List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KAStatusBar
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-03-15 12:05:57

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Sven Radej wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, dep wrote:
>>okay, this one's kinda weird, and i thought i'd bring it up because
>>it may be of interest.
>>
>>cvs of last night, kdegames and kdenetwork (the only two i tried
>>after support, libs, and base) blow up during compile on KAStatusBar.
>>but if i build these packages, from last night's cvs, against kdelibs
>>of 10 days or so ago, they go together just fine.
>>
>KStatusBar has been changed to inherit QStatusBar, and some apps had to be
>fixed.  Kdebase, koffice, kdeutils, kdegraphics, kdenetwork (some stuff
>in kdenetwork refuses to be build - donīt know why), are fixed (at least
>compile). I didnīt have time to go through kdegames yet.
>I couldnīt fix stuff that fails for other reasons (KIntNumInput, ALSA...)
>
>It is not that complicated;  instead of:
> setAlignment() - obsolete;
> enable() -  use hide() or show()
> setInsertOrder() - obsolete, use permanent flag.
> insertWidget() - use addWidget()
>
>Also, items are resized automatically. Check docs for QStatusBar and
>KStatusBar.

Hm, do you think it is possible to add an option so that an item can get a fixed
width? In khexedit I print quite a lot of data on the status line and I don't
like (it looks bad) that the width of an entry changes all the time depending on
what is printed because it causes other entries to be moved horizontally when
this happens. Ok, I can add a widget (and freeze its width) to QStatusBar
bypassing KStatusBar but I prefer to avoid that.

--
Espen Sand
espen@kde.org