List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KAStatusBar
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-03-14 22:22:49

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, dep wrote:
>okay, this one's kinda weird, and i thought i'd bring it up because
>it may be of interest.
>
>cvs of last night, kdegames and kdenetwork (the only two i tried
>after support, libs, and base) blow up during compile on KAStatusBar.
>but if i build these packages, from last night's cvs, against kdelibs
>of 10 days or so ago, they go together just fine.

KStatusBar has been changed to inherit QStatusBar, and some apps had to be
fixed.  Kdebase, koffice, kdeutils, kdegraphics, kdenetwork (some stuff
in kdenetwork refuses to be build - donīt know why), are fixed (at least
compile). I didnīt have time to go through kdegames yet.
I couldnīt fix stuff that fails for other reasons (KIntNumInput, ALSA...)

It is not that complicated;  instead of:
 setAlignment() - obsolete;
 enable() -  use hide() or show()
 setInsertOrder() - obsolete, use permanent flag.
 insertWidget() - use addWidget()

Also, items are resized automatically. Check docs for QStatusBar and
KStatusBar.

 --
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org