List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RE: Some Inspiration for Konqi Developers
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-10 18:35:50

> I 100% agree, thus do not feel it should be able to be started from konqi.
> Whaich is how this conversation got started. If I remember right (and if I
> don't I am sure someone will correct me) anything started from konqi
> requires a url to kick off a slave.

   Yes, right now, but this is not necessary, and can be circumvented
easily. Clearly konsole is not a "viewer" and it must have a special
status in konq.

   There will be definitely no konsole protocol. The only link I see
between the two is that the shell in konsole may follow the
current directory in the current shell above it (if we find a shell
independent way of doing it...). There is already some
kind of support for this -> try to drag something from konqueror to
konsole.

   Besides that it would be exactly the equivalent of a regular shell.

               Lotzi