List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RE: Some Inspiration for Konqi Developers
From:       Dan Pilone <pilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2000-03-10 17:01:03

Previously written in blue crayon:
 > > not saying all this is a bad idea,
 > I am.  why start an embedded kword when a standalone kword does the job equa

 > browser, etc.  Then again, if you click a link in konqueror, since konq is
 > already open, why not embed a kword in a separate subwindow (see the button-bar
 > idea).  I don't really think that's a great idea though

	This is exactly the problem.. where do you draw the line?
It's nice to roam through your files, click on an html file, it shows
up all pretty, click on a png and it appears, click on a text file and
blam-o, there's a new window on you screen.  I can see why you would
want to embed that.  But where does it stop?  (oh, the
insanity.... heheh.. I'm getting all wound up over here.)  But
seriously, I think Simon's "Read-only" thing is a good idea.  But then
what about an mp3 player?  If you click on a .mp3, is that just
browsing the mp3 file?  Regardless, I still think konsole is a bit
much.  ;) -- Dan