List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RE: Some Inspiration for Konqi Developers
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-03-10 16:31:37

Dan is very right. IMHO one of the very most important rules of Konqueror
is to stay a browsing-only app. It's meant to view, and only view, all
sorts of stuff. It is not meant to do something ;-) (well, konqueror is
meant to do something, but the user is not meant to edit documents or so
;-)

File management is an exception here, because of historical reasons
;-) and because .. well.. some app has to implement it ;-)

One way to sort of stress this point is that all components which are
embedded into Konqueror are so-called ReadOnly parts.

A terminal emulation might be a second exception, I don't know.
Hoever I (personally) would never embed a terminal emulation into
konqueror, because I wouldn't see any sense in it (that way I would also
want to embed kicker and kdesky in it ;-))

I guess Dawit's plan is to rather add a mini-cli (!=xterm) , or?

Just my 0.02 cents :-)

Ciao,
 Simon