List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RE: Some Inspiration for Konqi Developers
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-10 15:01:31

> >    I don't think there is any problem with that. Well, the activation
> > should be different than other parts, because there is no document type,
> > so Browser/View would not make sense here, but besides that I don't see
> > any major problems.
>
> There is a document type. inode/directory, just like konqueror's
> dirtree (-> the activation should be fine).
>
> My concern was more about converting konsole to a KParts
> app - but on second thought this may be not necessary....
> Converting to [qk]actions and possibly to kxmlgui would avoid some
> code duplication though (in case konsole publishes any action to konqueror).

  Konsole is 90% percent converted to kactions (guess what were my
sporadic commits last week or so). The conversion can be finished
in 3-4 hours. About the xmlgui: I guess it is not handling popup menus for
the time being (am I wrong?).

> Great to see that you consider this too :)

  1. Lars must ok this before proceeding. It is his child.
  2. Next week I'll be out of reach.

  If nobody else does it, I'll do it afterwards.

> What is the problem with MC and the current directory ?
> Doesn't it just 'cd' whereever a particular view (to be defined) goes ?

  Do you think that just pasting "cd xxxx" into the shell does it? Well it
does it, if it has a clean prompt. But there are endless ways to fail: if
I just typed ks it will start the CD player etc. It might have an
interactive program started there... and so one.

  The only program which handled this correctly was the original mc, but
that was a single-task DOS world, and I think it overwrote the command.com
with something else.

        Lotzi