List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with Kdevelop 1.1-beta2 tutorials
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-03-09 23:26:43

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000, David D.W. Downey wrote:
> OK folks. Right off the bat. i am a _totaly_ new developer. Actually a
> Technical Engineer attempting to get into the devel game. I'm what you
> would call on the low end of the developer gene pool.
>
> Here is my problem.
>
> While trying to follow the tutorials as part of the Kdevelop 1.1-beta2
> docs, I ran into the following trouble. (The kdevelop package works
> fine. This is totally the extra install of kde-2 stuff to follow along
> with the tutorials.)
>
> I installed the qt-2.1 tarball fine (using
> qt-2.1.0-snapshot-20000309.tar.gz) and installed the kdesupport tarball
> (using kdesupport-20000307.tar.bz2) fine as well. I compiled it as stated
> in the tutorials using ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt-2.1.0
> --refix=/opt/kde2 ; make ; make install. That too went fine. It's when i
> got to the kdelibs (using kdelibs-20000307.tar.bz) that things fell apart.
>
> While compiling it I got the following errors.
>
> Making all in libltdl
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ddowney/install/kdelibs/libltdl'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ddowney/install/kdelibs/libltdl'
> Making all in kdecore
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ddowney/install/kdelibs/kdecore'
> Making all in .
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ddowney/install/kdelibs/kdecore'
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `kcompletionbase.h', needed by
> `all-am'.  Stop.
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ddowney/install/kdelibs/kdecore'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ddowney/install/kdelibs/kdecore'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ddowney/install/kdelibs'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> [root@durham0-186 kdelibs]#
>

> I groused through the makefile but have a hard time following Makefiles as
> I'm still learning how they work. Does anyone see what is going on? is
> this a known problem with this package? I could not find a
> kdelibs-20000309.tar.bz2 to match the kdesupport file so I'm wondering if
> I even have the right updated kdelibs file. (Aren't the supposed to
> match?)

This was a commit failure caused by me.  Here are two ways to fix your
problems:

1.) Update your kdelibs.  This issue has been fixed in few minutes after it
occured.  OR

2.) Read my previous post: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=95255815630736&w=2
It tells you how to fix the problem you are having.  It is very simple...

Cheers,
Dawit A.