Hi That's a great idea Timo cu Ashish On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Hummel, Timo wrote: > Well, I feel that many people are interested that KDE2 becomes an > easy-to-use, > intuitive environment. I wonder if somebody has thought about to create a > group of KDE developers and KDE users (as well as non-kde-users) to discuss > about what is useful and what is not, and then decide or make suggestions > what to change in KDE (or what is good). If such topics are discussed on the > list, I always feel that the answers vary depending on in what mood someone > is. > > So my idea: What about if we get a KDE usability crew? > > Details: > > - The group should consist of a vary of developers, KDE users, Windows > users, and normal > X users. This group should be well mixed up. > > - The KDE users, Windows users and normal X users bring in suggestions (of > course the > developers can do this, too). The developers check out if the suggestions > of the users > are realizeable (is that right? sound somehow wrong...my english processor > is still booting :) > > - This crew also sends suggestions to the original application authors, as > well as to the base developers. > > - It's also important that the members don't flame, e.g. they don't discuss > about which OS is better or not. > The primary goal is to look and compare and see what others made better > what KDE doesn't, or find completely > new ways. Combining existing things and creating new ones is the most > powerful tool you got :) > > It is very important to know that this crew makes only TECHNICAL CORRECT > SUGGESTIONS. These suggestions > are not mandatory (that's why they are suggestions), the developers decide > wether to implent these > suggestions or not. > > yours > Timo >