List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: visibility?
From:       David Smith <dsmith () algonet ! se>
Date:       2000-03-08 21:39:34

Rik Hemsley wrote:

> So if some apps don't set WM_COMMAND, how do we know when they have
> mapped ? The answer is, we don't. I can't see a way to be sure, and
> if we can't be sure, we shouldn't mess, as we'll just get into
> trouble.

I saw another way to get a clue about which app is behind a window
in scwm:  Use LD_PRELOAD when starting a program to load a library
that overrides XCreateWindow() and sets a property with the pid
whenever a window is opened.
I guess, depending on preferences, you would call this either really
cool or really ugly...

/David