List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New KDE 2.0 Red Hat RPMs available
From:       Mark Deneen <deneen () bucknell ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-08 20:23:09

RedHat insists on putting kde in /usr because (as far as I know) it is correct
according to the Linux Standards Base.

/usr is not for "integral parts", but rather for parts which come with the
distribution.  If you compile stuff on your own later on, it should go in
/usr/local/

I kind of do things however I have disk space.  (so kde2 is in /opt.. ;-) )

--
Mark Deneen
http://tick.dhs.org ICQ: 333068

A man's gotta know his limitations.