List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: visibility?
From:       "Hummel, Timo" <timo.hummel () sap ! com>
Date:       2000-03-08 8:24:53

Well, I feel that many people are interested that KDE2 becomes an
easy-to-use,
intuitive environment. I wonder if somebody has thought about to create a
group of KDE developers and KDE users (as well as non-kde-users) to discuss
about what is useful and what is not, and then decide or make suggestions
what to change in KDE (or what is good). If such topics are discussed on the
list, I always feel that the answers vary depending on in what mood someone
is.

So my idea: What about if we get a KDE usability crew?

Details:

- The group should consist of a vary of developers, KDE users, Windows
users, and normal
  X users. This group should be well mixed up.

- The KDE users, Windows users and normal X users bring in suggestions (of
course the
  developers can do this, too). The developers check out if the suggestions
of the users
  are realizeable (is that right? sound somehow wrong...my english processor
is still booting :)

- This crew also sends suggestions to the original application authors, as
well as to the base developers.

- It's also important that the members don't flame, e.g. they don't discuss
about which OS is better or not.
  The primary goal is to look and compare and see what others made better
what KDE doesn't, or find completely
  new ways. Combining existing things and creating new ones is the most
powerful tool you got :)

It is very important to know that this crew makes only TECHNICAL CORRECT
SUGGESTIONS. These suggestions
are not mandatory (that's why they are suggestions), the developers decide
wether to implent these
suggestions or not.

yours
Timo