List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail,mail formats--some assistance needed
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-08 0:01:50

On Wed, 08 Mar 2000, mh wrote:
> Aha, is this the reason why I sometimes find empty mails dated to 1976
> or 2004 in my mailfolder? (I always blamed it on Kmail)

In that actual mail folder file on disk in your ~/Mail directory or just in the
KMail application in the list of message headers (the top right window)?

It seems sometimes that KMail .*.index files get messed up (which the later
behaviour above is a symptom of). If you delete the index file it will be
automatically regenerated (correctly).

But something is definitely messed up. I'm trying to fix this at the moment.
Actually it seems to have been pretty much fixed in the HEAD branch. But I
recently got one message (out of I guess 5,000) that did it. However if I cat
the problematic folder onto the end of my local mail file then I can
re-retrieve all the mail fine. It's quite frustrating I'm completely unable to
reproduce the problem.

If anyone know of a consistent way of reproducing this problem in the HEAD
branch I would love to know.

BFN,
Don.