List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: lt_preloaded_symbols
From:       Michael Matz <matzmich () cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-03-07 17:56:01

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Ilmar S. Habibulin wrote:
> I'm using freebsd-current with gcc 2.92.2
>
> > % nm kdelibs/kio/slave/.libs/kioslaveS.o | grep lt_preloaded_sym
> 000016a0 r lt_preloaded_symbols
>
> > % grep kdelibs/libtool "extern const"
> > ?
> grep "extern const" kdelibs/libtool shows nothing
>

> > If there is no extern const in libtool you have to recreate libtool (rm
> > it, rerun make -f Makefile.cvs ).
> I'm reruning Makefile.cvs each cvsup. ;-)
>
> > If that's not the problem you could try the following:
> No "extern const" substring.

Ahh. So libtool was _not_ recreated. Remove all created files (especially
kdelibs/libtool), make sure admin is linked to ../kde-common/admin and
rerun Makefile.cvs _and_ configure. As long as the "extern const" is in
kde-common/admin/ltmain.sh (I remember that you wrote that it's there, so
you have an updated kde-common/admin) but not in kdelibs/libtool something
is wrong.

> > Edit kdelibs/libtool (temporarily) and uncomment line 3479 (should
> > begin with '$run $rm "$output_objdir/$dlsyms"' ). Rerun make in
> I found such a string, but it was not number 3479. Commented it out and
> run make - same effect(error - undefined reference to ...). :(

Correct. The uncommenting only prevented the deletion of some files I was
interested in.

> > could patch libtool to use gcc to compile this file (around line 3475
> > replace $CC with gcc).
> Not the same line again, but that helped. Everything compiled without
> error. So would there be cvs changes or i have to make such changes by
> hand each time i cvsup?

The changes are in cvs. For some reason your libtool got not rebuild (see
above).

Ciao,
Michael.