List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: visibility?
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-03-07 14:45:28

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, David Faure wrote:

| poof ? :) Different languages, same onomatopoeias ;-)

except in england, where i believe it means something completely
different.<g>

| Or simply the window showing up as soon as 'OK' is pressed.
| I guess we just have to do what was done in konqueror, i.e.
| provide a dummy widget to KTMainWindow and show the window
| even before loading the document.
|
| I was also thinking of a progress bar, but then it could be in the
| window's status bar, so that it can also be used for saving (much
| like konqueror's statusbar when it was working...)

either of these would be good -- you have a far better idea of what can
readily be implemented than i do. obviously, the wait is something to
which the user becomes accustomed after a time or two, in much the same
way that a double-clicker new to kde-1.x quickly learned that one click
was enough. but some kind of progress indicator gives the sense of a
smoothe, finished product in that imparts a sense of security in the
user. which is to say that if it can be implemented easily, it should
be, but if it will take somebody a week to do, it shouldn't!

--
dep