List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Class Parser
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       2000-03-06 19:12:12

Geert Jansen wrote:

> The same goes for other programs that (3rd party) apps might want to use and
> which we don't want to make dependant on kdebase: konsole_grantpty and
> kcheckpass come to mind. The KDE API could be more than just the libraries,
> it could include some standard, KDE specific utilities too.
>
> What do you think?

I think we have to draw a line somewhere. I'd rather have another
package containing these utilities. If this were kdebase we could even
move non-essential stuff from kdebase into something like kdesktop.

Or how would you react if I say that I want kppp in kdelibs cause quite
a few apps need internet access ?

Harri.