List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: HTML widget
From:       Stefan Schimanski <1Stein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-03-06 11:21:08

Am Mon, 06 Mar 2000 schrieb Joachim Ansorg:
> Will the HTML widget be everytime so slow as in current CVS ?
> The old one was faster :-)

This is because of several debug messages. I did some benchmarks with the old
widget. Some pages of SelfHTML (www.teamone.de) took up to 5 minutes (tl.htm) to
render completely! Especially loading images were extremely slow.
I redid the test with the new widget. The tl.htm file took less than 15 seconds
with a lot of debugging code. I assume it will speed up a lot without those
messages.

cheers
Stefan