List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: maybe OT--national standards
From:       mh <moloch () nikocity ! de>
Date:       2000-03-06 14:24:25

On Mon, 06 Mär 2000  David Faure wrote:

> What kind of national standards ?
>
> The flag, the language and the currency are already part of KDE ;-)

No, I meant national decrees (or laws), that try to lay down the
conditions for people working with computers on their jobs (screenworkers ?).

> What's DIN EN ISO 9241 ?

That's a kind of ergonomic guideline that describes how software
should be designed, e.g. layout of menus or how dialogs should interact
with the user(afaik with no legal meaning at the moment).

This is of course meaningless for the private user.
Maybe my first question should have been whether it's intended to
bring KDE (and especially KDE apps like Koffice) to companies
desktops, or whether it's just a home users thing?
If it's not just a home users thing, it might be necessary to take
a look at national decrees/laws what brings me back to my first
question...
(but I really don't want to cause OT traffic, I just was curious...)
Michael