List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: long menus -- Re: AW: Changing of GNOME's Menu Structure
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-03 14:24:25

#if Pete Goodliffe
> If a menu is taller than the screen it gives it scrollbars - like normal
> window furniture. This means that you have quick and easy control of where
> in the menu you want to scroll to - I find the Windows arrow at top/bottom
> far too hit and miss.
>
> This combined with autoscrolling a few pixels from the top/bottom would
> be really nice to use.

Sounds good to me too. Scrollbars are a standard, so use them.
This in conjunction with the auto-scrolling trick would be nice.

If there's a scrollbar, then it follows that a wheel-mouse should
work too.

Oh dear. I know someone's going to say 'you just volunteered to implement
it'...

Rik

--
Be a willy-nilly citizen of the world.