List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: error compiling kdebase with XFree3.9.18
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       2000-03-02 18:19:55

Michael Koch wrote:
> Am Thu, 02 Mar 2000 schrieb Oliver Heins:
> > I am trying to build kdebase (from Chris Molnar's latest
> > known-to-build src-tar.gz's (02282000)) and get this error:
>
> As you can see on http://www.kde.org/compilationfaq.html KDE does
> not compile with current XFree betas. Do you volunteer for help ?

Actually, there are only a few pieces that don't compile properly under
the new XFree betas.  I've been building things fine here ever since
3.9.17 came out, provided that I __don't__ compile 'kdm' and 'kdpms'.
Aside from those, things compile (and run) fine for the most part.
Haven't had enough spare time to help out with the port of kdm to
3.9.17, but should my life get back to some semblance of order again
I'll try to get in there and have a look at it.

--
Graham TerMarsch