List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Another kmail thought...
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-03-02 10:17:54

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Marcos Dione wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Dan Pilone wrote:
>
> > concern is that it pulls the mail locally instead of sshing in to the
> > server to use xemacs like I do now.. anybody have any opinions?  Do
>
> 	talking about ssh, I would be extremely nice to have the hability
> of make one of those secure chanels with ssh for deliver and retival of
> mails... I hope someone understand what I talking about, but if not, wait
> me a couple of days, I'm gonna be examinated (is that the word?) in a
> couple of days... I just write this mail to not forget the idea...

You can do that just fine.
Just remove the pop3 daemon from localhost, and redirect the pop server's
110 port to localhost:110.

Of course you need ssh access to the machine that is the pop server, but
if you do, it's a simple way to avoid passing your mail over the wire
unencrypted.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul