List:       kde-devel
Subject:    (maybe OT) RE: KDE, Gnome, Koffice, Goffice and more
From:       "Hummel, Timo" <timo.hummel () sap ! com>
Date:       2000-03-01 16:25:24

>wow! thanks. you've begun what is potentially a tremendously
>significant step in the maturation of open source productivity
>software.

I'm glad that someone finally recognizes how important this is. In recent
postings, I have only heard things about "this is better and that is
better". Now here's my statement:

There is no one-for-all (one-size-fits-all) solution. The most important
things you need to keep in mind are:

- Even if you like one thing more than another, this doesn't mean that the
thing you don't like that good it is bad thing.
- Try to make suggestions for the in-your-opinion-not-that-good-thing so the
other party can improve their thing.

The first statement is 100% correct for all that flame wars about
Windows/Microsoft. Just to clean up and don't start a flame war here too:
There are things for which windows is better, and there are things where
linux/unix/etc is better. And you are always on the good side if you try to
combine both things.

yours
Timo