List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Confused by QPaintEvent*
From:       Daniel <dadecal () teleline ! es>
Date:       2000-03-01 13:45:45

If I have an instance of a widget inherited from QFrame on which I want
to draw graphics, should all the drawing stuff be done from inside a
function MyGraphicWidget::paintEvent(QPaintEvent* _ev) ?
This is how I'm doing it right now but it seems quite confusing and
uncomfortable.....

When does a QPaintEvent happen anyway?
Shouldn't paintEvent() used just for redrawing the background of the
widget?

What is the correct way to do this????

Thanks to anybody who can throw some light over a newbee!! :-)

Daniel de los Reyes
dadecal@arq.upv.es