List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail feature
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-02-29 11:44:19

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Marcos Dione wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> > Sorry not a high priority, background mail checking, improved
> > addressbook, imap support, search dialog, message threading and support
> > for non-latin based languages are all way more important in my view. At
> > this stage I won't even bother adding it to my todo list. If somone was
> > to volunteer it could happen sooner...

My experience with volunteers was in the past that some jump off at
some point, leaving the burden of fixing the feature finally by the
maintainers.

Fortunately this is not the usual case :-)

Well, and yes, the usual answer to "I need it now" is:
It's open, do it yourself. This is the way most open source projects run.

E.g., give me a reason why *I* need IMAP, and KMail will have it within
a few weeks ;-)

Kind regards,
Stefan