List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KSelectAction troubles
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-01 3:56:10

  Hi guys

  I was just converting some menus in konsole to KSelectAction, and I
found two missing functionality.

1. The ability to add separators in selections. For example there was a
separation between /tiny,small,medium,large,huge/ and /linux/ and
/custom/. There may be some more cases like this, especially for
separating the custom field (or whatever grouping: Blue pokemons form Pink
pokemons).

   Suggestion: allow a special list element, for example the empty string
to be a separator and it would act as such both in menus and toolbars.

2. There is no way of setting the current item without triggering the
signal. For example when I want to set if the current size is "80x25" (the
user happened to resize it by hand that way) I check the menu item, but
that triggers the signal, that triggers the detection again ---> infinite
cycle. Yes, I can break it using an external boolean, but it would be nice
to have:

   KSelectAction::setCurrentItem(int index, bool emitSignal=TRUE);

   I volunteer to do both, if the big guys agree.

                 Lotzi