List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: how to develop apps for KDE2
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       2000-02-29 12:19:54

Am Tue, 29 Feb 2000 schrieb aleXXX:
> On Die, 29 Feb 2000, Michael Koch wrote:
>
> > > XEmacs and gcc/egcs do the job just fine :-)
> >
> > vi is another option for a really good editor.
>
> Yes, how about using vi on a text-console without all that slowing-down bloated
> graphical stuff that nobody needs ? ;-)
> Then even a 12" mono-hercules-screen is enough. ;-)
>
> Bye
> Alex
>
> P.S. I'm using kfte, it is very configurable (but requires some work), is easy
> to use, has syntax highlighting and more advanced editing features and is
> leightweight.

Errrh, vi (vim) has syntax highlighting and more advanced editing features and
is VERY VERY leightweight. Its very configurable, easy to use for all people who
like to practice zen and is something that a newbie admire you for being able
to exit it. And it is available on nearly all OSes, even Windows.

Ciao,
Michael
--
koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de