On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, David Faure wrote: > > In the File Manager section of the Kontrol Center, there's > > the option to "Open Directories in separate windows." And, it's > appropriate image. > > > > Am I the only one that thinks that image is a bit--- cheezy? > > Windows has that same "feature" and it's not any more useful in there :) > > I suppose the image is there to make it easier to understand... > But I'm not convinced it's necessary, either. It's with good intentions, but IMHO, it could be better done. > > > I think that if you want to have such a thumbnail, it should > > be a huge one > > spanning the top half of that entire box, and that all (or > > most) the controls > > should have some sort of effect on it. > > But that would mean N*M*P versions of the image, > if there are 3 options with each respectively N/M/P possibilities... > And tell me how you show the difference between single click > and double click on a non-animated image... :) Automagically generated, perhaps. 'tis why we have KImageEffect :) > > > Or maybe I would just be content with getting rid of that > > image completely. > > > > Please comment. > > If you care for your life, don't touch it until you've got > Preston's opinion on this. He added it. Noted :) > > :-) > > David. -- A shaft (an SI unit) is a measure of suckiness. A single shaft is how much a certain company in Redmond, Washington sucks. A shaft is an extremely large unit, hence, microshafts are much more useful.