List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Vitreus - anybody thought as H20 as name?
From:       Michael Freiberg <michael () mi-fr ! de>
Date:       2000-02-28 18:51:04

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Pam R wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Mark Deneen wrote:
> > > http://www.inficad.com/~nytehorse/aqua/vitreus
> > >
> > > seems to be the correct URL.
> >
> > I can get to http://www.inficad.com/~nytehorse/aqua/ but clicking on
> > the 'vitreus' link gets me
> >
> > Forbidden
> > You don't have permission to access /~nytehorse/aqua/vitreus.html on this
> > server.
> >
> > BTW, I haven't really been following the naming thread, so don't know
> > where the name came from, but if it is meant to mean 'glass like' then
> > according to the Oxford English Dictionary it should be spelled
> > 'vitreous'.

According to the "Langenscheidts Taschenwörterbuch der
Lateinischen und Deutschen Sprache" published in 1958,
glass like or glassy means vitreus.

Mike

Michael Freiberg [mi_fr]
Email: michael@mi-fr.de   Homepage: http://www.mi-fr.de/

"I am not a bad punk! I'm a good communist with
punk battleoutcries and an anarchist attitude."