List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Aqua-style theme for KDE2 users/developers
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-02-28 9:22:05

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Max Moritz Sievers wrote:

> > > To me the buttons look like colored glass, if this gives you an idea for a
> > > name.
> >
> > Vidrio anyone?
>
> I like the name "Aqua". Why should it be an bad idea to name it
> "Aqua"?
> "Aqua" is a normal noun and Apple can't forbid us to use
> it. If they could we couldn't name KDE 2 "KDE 2" because there were
> an Apple 2 and so no one except Apply is allowed to use the diget
> "2".

Aqua is probably a trademark, applied to whatever category the look of a
OS applies. If you create another product in the same category, and give
it the same name, you gonna get sued, because Apple is forced to sue.

It's the same reason why you can't create a black drink and call it Coke.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul