List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: wysiwyg html editor
From:       "S.T.Parkes" <f9678687 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-02-28 13:08:31

On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Stefan Schimanski wrote:

> Hi all!

hello!

> I was just looking for a html editor for KDE, but without success. There
> are some non wysiwig application, but nothing more. What's the current process
> of developing html editing tools for KDE? I found several messages about this
> back in 1998. Is there any project to create a wysiwyg html editor? What's about
> enhancing/reusing the new html widget for editing? Would this be possible with
> the current design?

Jono Bacon and Myself are working on a html/php/asp everything else kind
of affair, it prolly won't be WYSIWYG in version 1 as we are aiming
towards creating a replacement for InterDev and Drumbeat but it may have a
WYSIWYG bit later.

But as KDE *will* be the desktop of the newbie we have discussed the idea
of WYSIWYG editing but feel our software will be aimed at a different
market.

 > > Thanks
>   Stefan

Steve Parkes